Tuesday 16 February 2016

PSALM 142: MEDITATION.


 

PSALM 142: MEDITATION. 

                                                GOD CARES.

Psa 142:2 I bring him all my complaints; I tell him all my troubles.

David was afraid. He went to a cave to escape his enemies. Saul, the King of Israel, intended to kill him. The reason was that he was endangered by David. He was afraid David would become King and dethrone him. But what did David do when he was in danger? He prayed to God. Because? Psa 142:5  “LORD, I cry to you for help; you, LORD, are my protector; you are all I want in this life.” That means that David knew no other human being would help him in his situation. He knew that God is his only helper. He said: “Psa 142:2 I bring him all my complaints; I tell him all my troubles.” And God listened to his plea. God protected David. Saul was not able to kill David. God kept his promises, and David became king of Israel.

With us, we are in a much beter position than David. Nobody is endangering us at this moment. Maybe we are old and nobody cares. Maybe we are young, but nobody wants to make a social commitment with us. Maybe we lost our job. And we came to the conclution that nobody will help us. But we are not lonely: we are children of God through Jesus Christ our savior.  We believe in him. He says:   Heb 13:6 “Let us be bold, then, and say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What can anyone do to me?" That means: enjoy the protection and help from the Lord. Call and pray to Him. He will help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment