Friday 17 February 2017

PSALM I19: 49-56: FROM A NEW TESTAMENT’S PERSPECTIVE.


 GOOD NEWS BIBLE.                     NEW TESTAMENT’S INTERPRETATION.     

Psa 119:49  Remember your promise to me,  The Bible says in Rom 4:16  And so the promise

your servant; it has given me hope.                  was based on faith,

Psa 119:50  Even in my suffering I was comforted in order that the promise

because your promise gave me life.                       should be guaranteed as God's free gift

Psa 119:51  The proud are always scornful of me,  to all of Abraham's descendants---

 but I have not departed from your law. not just to those who obey the Law,

Psa 119:52  I remember your judgments of long ago, but also to those who believe as Abraham did.

and they bring me comfort, O LORD. For Abraham is the spiritual father of us all;

Psa 119:53  When I see the wicked breaking your law, Rom 4:17  as the scripture says,

I am filled with anger. "I have made you father of many nations."

Psa 119:54  During my brief earthly life I compose songs So the promise is good

about your commands. in the sight of God, in whom Abraham believed---

Psa 119:55  In the night I remember you, LORD, the God who brings

 and I think about your law. the dead to life and whose command brings

Psa 119:56  I find my happiness in obeying your commands. into being what did not exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment